Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636970
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Settlers Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will supervise the day to day operations of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to all staff and students. They will ensure library records are up to date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times.
Cutting edge ICT ensures wireless access, laptop and iPad technology, and electronic whiteboards are in all classrooms. ICT is an embedded tool for teaching and learning in an integrated curriculum. Student progress and achievement is monitored using authentic assessments and external validation. Behaviour is managed by a positive approach promoting responsibility and respect, built on a strong values based foundation with a focus on well-being, independence and resiliency.
Settlers PS is an Independent Public School located 46 km south of Perth, in the fast growing suburb of Baldivis in Western Australia. In 2017 there are 760 students enrolled from Kindergarten to year 6. The school has a campus of five teaching blocks and well maintained grounds with shared community facilities. Teaching and learning environments reflect a positive and innovative attitude towards maximising learning opportunities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Settlers Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lynne Phillips, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 2335 or emailing Lynne.Phillips@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.