Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE634986
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Finance Consultant School Support in the Financial Services branch.
The Finance Consultant School Support will provide support and advice to school end users regarding school finance and accounting operations whilst implementing conversions, data analysis, migration, assessment of financial management, accounting procedures and processes and revision of the chart of accounts. The successful applicant will provide information and problem-solving support to clients with processing transactions in school finance systems that are within the Department’s financial framework to ensure legislative compliance and accountability.
The successful applicant will analyse financial information and issues and provide resolutions whilst assisting with the development, implementation and review of programs, processes, procedures and guidelines, including services on Ikon (the Department’s Intranet) to support clients. You will identify issues arising from policy changes, financial and taxation reforms and the introduction of new technology or systems whilst monitoring reviews and verifying monthly and biannual school financial data.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the financial legislative framework, such as, Financial Management Act 2006, State Supply Commission Act 1991, Regulations and Treasurer’s Instructions, taxation legislatures and Departmental policy and procedures.
- Well developed organisational skills, including practical experience in the use and support of the financial management information systems used in schools.
- Well developed research, conceptual and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
- Well developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders and build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in contributing to reports and briefing papers.
- Skills and experience in developing and delivering school financial training programs
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Wendy Drennan, Principal Consultant Schools Finance Support, by telephoning (08) 9264 5024 or emailing Wendy.Drennan@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy,
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence
- travel to schools and Regions
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 10 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED