Advertised Vacancy Number SS/DP633990
We are seeking to establish a pool of Deputy Principals - Secondary for appointments to fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated educational leader who is able to work collaboratively with staff, parents, students and community organisations. To assist with this, the Deputy Principal should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills as well as Information and Communication Technology skills.
The Senior School Deputy Principal role includes the following areas and responsibilities:
- Implementation of Christmas Island District High School (CIDHS) Business Plan;
- All aspects of senior school curriculum and reporting – course selections, creation of student handbooks, communication, data analysis and management of senior school cohorts;
- System data management platforms, especially for senior school such as Student Information Records System (SIRS) and Reporting to Parents;
- Pastoral care of senior school students;
- Staffing – line management, performance management and recruitment of staff;
- Timetabling for Years Pre-Primary to Year 12 using the Student Information System;
- Oversee the Vocational Education Training (VET) program on offer at CIDHS and auspicing arrangements with approved Registered Training Organisation (RTOs);
- Behaviour management;
- Working as part of the leadership team;
- Communicating the vision and ethos of the school;
- Working effectively and collaboratively within a whole school setting;
- Leadership of School Development Committee, the Calendar process and ongoing induction of staff.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources
Applications will be assessed against the work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Christmas Island District High School can be found by visiting www.cidhs.cx or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact the Principal of Christmas Island District High School by telephoning Christina Auld-Bower on (08) 9164 8546 or emailing Christina.Auld-Bower@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.