Please be advised there has been an update to the location of this appointment.
Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS635126
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
The School of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSEN: BE) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly team based at the Pilbara Regional Office.
The School Officer will provide site based assistance to the Manager Corporate Services by administering financial resources, assisting with month-end procedures and collating figures for financial planning and budgeting. The School Officer will also operate the engagement centre databases, records and management information systems, including timetabling and create and prepare materials for the engagement centre.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in providing administrative support. The successful applicant will have experience with a range of software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing. The successful applicant will have good interpersonal skills, with a strong focus on customer service and the ability to work both unsupervised and within a team environment. Occasional travel, including overnight stays in Perth, is involved as part of this position.
The SSEN: BE provides educational support and services to schools for students with extreme, complex and challenging behaviours across a K-12 context. A continuum of consultative support to schools for students is delivered through 13 engagement centres and the Midland Learning Academy. The services of the engagement centres and the Academy are coordinated through SSEN: BE which provides the administrative structure that oversees and manages these services as a State-wide model of support for schools, teachers and students. The services complement other teams working in networks, regions and schools, supporting a greater number of students across the state.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about SSEN: BE and its location can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kristen Gould, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9402 6467 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to five (2-5) page statement addressing the Work Related Selection Criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.