Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE637637
This is an eighteen (18) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
The Business and Customer Services Directorate is seeking a dedicated individual for the role of Information Access Officer within the Corporate Information Services team.
The Information Access Officer will assist the Coordinator, Information Access with case management of direct release of information and freedom of information (FOI) requests, including identifying documents and appropriate decision makers. The successful applicant will provide routine advice to telephone and email enquiries from the public and Departmental staff about access to Department’s information. The successful applicant will maintain the Department’s database of FOI applications (FOItrack).
The successful applicant will research and analyse information release issues under direction of the Coordinator, Information Access whilst assisting in developing, preparing and maintaining training material, reports, procedures manuals and sample letters. You will assist in the development and review of the Department’s Information Statement under direction of the Coordinator Information Access.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislation regarding access to government information, including Freedom of Information Act 1992.
- Knowledge and experience of records management principles and concepts and experience with information systems, including databases, electronic documents and records management system.
- Sound verbal and interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including the ability to provide appropriate advice and high quality customer service.
- Sound written communication skills, including experience in formulating and/or structuring reports and letters.
- Sound organisational skills, including ability to use initiative, solve problems and prioritise tasks effectively.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jill Jones, Manager Corporate Information Services, by telephoning (08) 9264 4361 or emailing Jillian.Jones@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED