Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637574
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Balga Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a proactive and enthusiastic Marketing and Media Officer to join their friendly team.
The Marketing and Media Officer will be responsible for managing the public relations, marketing, communications and IT support for the school. To be a Marketing and Media Officer at our school, you will need to possess knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to actively seek out new opportunities to increase the reach of online communications within our school community. This includes managing the school’s website, newsletter and communications across a number of channels. Confidence in taking photographs, producing video content and managing an image library is required.
Balga Senior High School, an Independent Public School, is a unique secondary school in Western Australia. Identified as a Distinctive School and a finalist in WA Premier’s Excellence in Aboriginal Education Awards, the school enrols students in a diverse range of specialist programs. These programs have been established specifically to cater for students who, because of their life circumstances, are at considerable educational risk. With a strong focus on the well-being of each student, the school specialises in intensive teaching for literacy and numeracy; is culturally diverse and aware of students’ cultural needs; offers a supportive learning environment; and assists students with personal development
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Sound initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Sound computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Balga Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mark Carton, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9247 0222 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.