Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636004
This is a permanent, part-time (0.38 FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Treendale Primary School (PS) are seeking to appoint a dedicated and reliable Cleaner to join their team.
As a cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. As part of this position, you must be able to use cleaning equipment. Good interpersonal skills will be required by all staff, as we work to establish and maintain close working relationships with families and the local community.
Treendale PS is a thriving and innovative school that caters for the individual needs of our students in a friendly, safe and exciting learning environment and the learning environments at Treendale. embrace the philosophy of flexibility.
Learning programs in all year levels support children to grow and develop skills needed for the future. Our students learn to be confident, curious, collaborative critical thinkers who are resilient and can embrace change. Specialist learning areas ensure all children across the school have access to specifically trained and dedicated teachers. We are a highly collaborative school with strong and effective partnerships with families, we seek excellence in all that we do.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Treendale Primary School please visit www.treendaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Karen Thomson, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 5100 or emailing Karen.Thomson@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.