Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS633347
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Wiluna Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking a dedicated and reliable Cleaner to join their team.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise the cleaning staff, open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm, and, maintain cleaners time-book, report absences and arrange relief staff. They will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff. They will conduct monthly cleaning inspections with the Manager Corporate Services and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book. They will maintain the school environment in accordance with Department procedures, and undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school.
The school has a population of between 70 and 85 students. Most students come from town and the largest community at Bondini about 6 kilometres east. A school bus provides transport to and from school for these students.
Wiluna RCS is situated 950 kilometres north east of Perth and 530 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie. The town is serviced by a sealed road from Leinster 188 kilometres to the south which goes through to Kalgoorlie and an unsealed road to Meekatharra 188 kilometres to the west. Both the Canning Stock Route from Halls Creek to the north and the Gun Barrel Highway 700 kilometres to the east from Warburton Ranges, meet in Wiluna.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wiluna Remote Community School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Susan Trigwell, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wiluna, by telephoning (08) 9981 7013 or emailing Susan.Trigwell2@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your CV
- your cover letter
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.