Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA639554
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Tom Price Senior High School (SHS) is looking for an experienced Senior School and Vocational Education Coordinator to join their team.
This position will involve the successful applicant leading, managing and monitoring all aspects of the Vocational Education and Training and ATAR pathways in the school. Included will be responsibility for coordination of the Work Place Learning program, including placing students in the workplace.
The successful applicant will be conversant with SCSA requirements for Year 11 and Year 12 students and will monitor the students’ progress throughout the year in consultation with parents, teachers and the Senior School Deputy Principal as required. This will include monitoring that students are on track for WACE Achievement at the end of Year 12.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for ensuring compliance by staff delivering the Certificate courses on offer at Tom Price SHS. The position will also have a pastoral care component as the Year 12 coordinator. A strong student services team exists at Tom Price SHS and the successful applicant will work as a part of this team. The Program Coordinator – Senior School and Vocational Education will also have a small teaching component as required by the school.
Tom Price SHS is an Independent Public School located in the picturesque Pilbara town of Tom Price, in close proximity to the majestic beauty and splendour of Karijini National Park and the rolling spinifex covered hills of the Hamersley Ranges. Tom Price Senior High School prides itself in promoting to students a pursuit of excellence and opportunity through its provision of a range of education programs including academic, Vocational Education and Training (VET), social and sport.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Further information about Tom Price Senior High School can be found by visiting www.tompriceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Jack, Principal by telephoning (08) 9143 8100 or 0478 319 248 or by emailing Andrew.Jack@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 5 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.