Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP635197
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Halls Creek District High School (DHS) are seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Deputy Principal to join our friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will lead curriculum delivery in secondary. You will be required to support teachers with planning, behaviour management, SIDE supervision and increase attendance/engagement pathways. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic and dynamic staff member looking for a great opportunity to be part of significant school improvement processes. You will be flexible; a good relationship builder, have the ability to model good practice to teachers and be a great team player. A knowledge of the Kimberley Schools Project and implementation of explicit teaching in a secondary context will also be an advantage.
In collaboration with the Principal, the Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging students, staff, parent’s community members and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals. We are looking for an experienced individual committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students.
At Halls Creek DHS, we have developed both a culture of high expectations and a high care environment where success is supported and celebrated. We are striving to be a school of achievement through our consistent teaching practices, dynamic educational experiences, and active community engagement.
Located in the Central Kimberley Region between Broome and Kununurra, most students come from the town of Halls Creek and the communities of Mardiwa Loop and Nicholson Block. A few students commute from a number of family communities within 20 kms of Halls Creek, Koongie Park Station (20kms) and Lamboo Station (40kms).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Creek DHS can be found by visiting www.hallscreekdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mike Gray by telephoning (08) 9171 5555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.