Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS636512
Are you passionate about assisting teachers to help students reach their full potential?
Harrisdale Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistant’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be highly motivated, experienced, passionate and student focused. Applicants will be expected to work in an environment committed to whole school approaches; self-reflection and continuous self-improvement; working in teams to further learning of students and staff; developing relationships with students and their parents; and high expectations for all students. In addition to this, suitable applicants will also be committed to putting students first in their decision-making and undertaking the hard work that is inherent in delivering a motivating and quality educational program.
Recent and relevant education experience where you have demonstrated strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills is highly desirable, being able to demonstrate a history of successfully working in collaboration with teachers, and other school staff, to implement learning programs that support and develop the progress and growth of students both academically and socially and emotionally.
Harrisdale PS opened its doors to students for the first time on February 1st, 2016. It caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and is currently the largest Primary School in the state, located across two campuses. For this reason, suitable applicants may be required to work at either campus.
The school is located in the rapidly growing suburb of Harrisdale and is bordered by natural bushland to the east, sporting grounds to the south and housing developments to the remaining boundaries. The student population is indicative of a diverse multi-cultural demographic with many nationalities represented.
The school is equipped with state of the art facilities and Apple digital technologies for staff and students, Harrisdale PS will deliver learning and teaching programs aligned to current research and best practice. It aims to provide an educational program of the highest standard.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harrisdale Primary School can be found by visiting www.harrisdaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Megan Klompmaker, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9234 9700 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care. Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.