Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636814
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020.
Morley Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and friendly Network Support Officer to join its dedicated team of school support staff.
The Network Support Officer has the role of maintaining networked information technology resources effectively and efficiently in order to maximise educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education’s asset management and security regulatory framework.
The successful applicant will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. They will provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources. Previous experience working in the same or a similar role in a school would be highly desirable
Applicants should demonstrate understanding of service support within our school business context and how they can help support and, delivery and assist with development of new technology and transition planning. The successful applicant will have a focus on team working, self-motivated and model high standards of customer service. Working hours will be agreed and reviewed annual and require flexibility to meet the various duties and service needs of the school.
Morley SHS’s vision is to celebrate diversity and cater for the needs of all students, with the goal of everyone achieving their personal best. We strive to foster a culture of continuous improvement and high expectations in a supportive, engaging and challenging learning environment. Education at Morley Senior High School is considered a partnership between staff, student, parents and the wider community. We take every opportunity to recognise and celebrate our cultural and ethnic diversity, and promote understanding and tolerance in both our academic and non-academic endeavours.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Morley SHS can be found by visiting www.MorleySHS.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ravi Bheemul, Network Administrator, by telephoning (08) 9376 5552 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.