Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS630753
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020.
Eaton Community College (CC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their school.
The successful applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. You will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. The successful applicant will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
The College is a medium-sized school catering for approximately 580 students from Year 7 to Year 12 and is an Independent Public School. We offer a wide range of courses from VET, General and ATAR subjects. We are a Positive Behaviour Support school prioritising whole school collaboration, engaging staff, students and parents in the development and evolution of shared expectations.
Our College is committed to providing students with the best educational opportunities and we are proud of our achievements and the contributions our students make to the College and wider community. The College site is adjacent to the Glen Huon Primary School and close to community facilities such as the Eaton Fair Shopping Centre, Dardanup Shire Offices and a community oval, placing it in the heart of the Eaton community. The site contains significant wetlands of two hectares that form the focal point of the buildings, as well as spacious, landscaped gardens and lawns that provide a beautiful outlook for active, growing students.
The school values of “Encouraging, Caring and Challenging” are about being dedicated to providing wrap around support for each student so that they embrace their learning opportunities and are able to activate their learning to become life-long learners. As a PBS school we value quality teaching and know that we must and can provide highly effective emotional and social support to improve the academic outcomes of all students. Our staff demonstrate care for our students as individuals so that they are fully prepared for success in a rapidly changing world.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Eaton CC please visit www.eatoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact James Oosting, Cleaner in Charge, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Eaton, by telephoning (08) 9796 7000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
2. A completed application form. You are able to collect the application form from Eaton Community College reception OR download it at the bottom of the advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents;
- Hand deliver your documents to the school reception. You must do this before the closing date below;
- Email your application form and CV to email@example.com You must do this before the closing date below.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 August 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED