Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH636105
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
A briefing for prospective applicants for this vacancy will be held on Tuesday 21 July 2020 at Bob Hawke College, Subiaco. Further information is available on Facebook.
We are looking for an applicant with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who is committed to achieving exceptional educational outcomes for all students. These skills will see you negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels as we build and then operate this vibrant and innovative College.
The College opened in 2020 with 270 students. With an anticipated enrolment of 300 Year 7 students in 2021, this role will evolve as we grow in size until the anticipated enrolment of 1800 in 2025, and may include teaching in more than one Learning Area in the first years of the College.
In this role, you will create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will have the following attributes: They will be able to:
- demonstrate care;
- be curious about learning and about learners;
- be invested in the College and the community;
- have a sense of humour; and
- be reflective of themselves and their practice.
In addition to these attributes, the successful applicant will have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the establishment of an exceptional Science program. Key elements of this program include creating an environment that:
- engages, enthuses and challenges students;
- incorporates technology;
- accommodates individual student needs;
- provides timely social and academic feedback to students and parents;
- cares for the whole student; and
- celebrates curiosity and creativity.
The College has emerged as a central hub of the Subiaco east Redevelopment precinct with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships to improve learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting www.bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Please consider the attached documents What makes a school a learning organisation? and the College Vision and Values – Recruitment Version.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact John Burke, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9222 5600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period (6 July - 17 July 2020) please contact John Burke on 0427 083 997.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or www.trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.