Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS635969
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated School Officer to join their team.
The School Officer supports the key liaison and helps support co-ordination and delivery of administrative and customer focused support services within our school. This School Officer role undertakes all accounts payable tasks, credit card reconciliation, direct debit reconciliations, asset and resources management, other financial tasks as required, generates routine reports from the school databases and assists with exam distribution when required. Relief reception is also a requirement of this role on a rotational basis.
The successful applicant will have the skills and ability to support administration and management of financial resources within the school. The successful applicant will focus on team work, self-motivation and model effective customer and administrative support. High level of interpersonal skills, oral and written communication and computer skills including experience using RM Finance and internet banking, using Microsoft Word and Excel is highly desirable.
SIDE is the Kindergarten to Year 12 centre of distance and online learning within the Department of Education. SIDE provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a regular school. Founded in 1918, SIDE has a rich history of student success and achievement for those studying through a distance education mode. The school has a large and diverse student population ranging from Kindergarten to Year 12 and is located in Leederville.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School Of Isolated and Distance Education can be found by visiting www.side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Joanne Power, Manager Business Operations, by telephoning (08) 9311 1400 or emailing Joanne.Power@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.