Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636586
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
The role of the Technical Officer is to ensure that the College pool is maintained to a high standard.
The successful applicant will be required to monitor and maintain the school's plant and machinery, specifically in relation to swimming pool required safety standards. In addition, monitor and maintain swimming pool water quality, equipment and signage in accordance with Government standards, policies and guidelines.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities. Byford SC has become a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities with our inclusion facilities. Byford SC's motto, ‘Aspire to Excellence’ clearly articulates our vision of being the secondary school of choice for the local community which provides a comprehensive suite of subjects from Year 7 through 12.
Pool Technicians who have a relevant qualification in pool operations or equivalent experience in the commercial pool maintenance industry are encouraged to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience and competency in plant/machinery maintenance.
- Understanding and application of the Occupational Safety and Health Act requirements relevant to the work area.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Organisational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Caroline Chellew, Business Support Officer by telephoning (08) 9550 6100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period (6 July - 17 July 2020) please contact Caroline Chellew on 0402 155 066.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a relevant qualification in Pool Operations or equivalent experience;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.