Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP637777
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you a proactive and innovative educational leader ready to take on new challenges?
Carnarvon Community College (CCC) seeks to appoint a highly effective Deputy Principal to join their aspirational and driven team.
The successful applicant will be required to provide effective leadership to the school’s Upper Primary team, as they will be responsible for the support and management of the Upper Primary staff and students. Ideally, you will possess an inspirational leadership style, which will drive you in your effort to support our focus on whole school improvement and Growing Excellence Together. You will be expected to have the ability to establish genuine high expectations relationships and utilise those relationships to achieve improved educational outcomes for students.
As a Deputy Principal, you will promote positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the wider community and provide leadership in further developing a high performance, high care school culture. Your energy, enthusiasm and strong interpersonal skills will be evident in your interactions with students, family and colleagues.
CCC is proud to be a public K-12 school servicing the entire town of Carnarvon. In mid-2019 we amalgamated as a single site school and opened our new state of the art facilities, ushering in a new era of education in Carnarvon where we will strive to produce the best possible academic outcomes.
Our College is committed to becoming a leader in education in Western Australia. We want to be known as not only the school of choice in Carnarvon, but a school that is recognised throughout the state as a leader in teaching practice. As a College we are committed to the Health and Wellbeing of our entire community as well developing exceptional instructional practice in our staff. Our new strategic plan will see us focus on High Expectations Relationships at the absolute core of our practice, as the successful applicant it will be critical you are able to engage with this.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carnarvon Community College can be found by visiting www.carnarvoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ryan Govan, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9941 6009 or emailing email@example.com.
During the vacation period please contact Ryan Govan, Principal, on 0450 657 006.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing Work Related Requirements one (1) and two (2), in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
Please note, the remaining Work Related Requirements should be demonstrated within your CV and will be assessed at some stage during the selection process to form part of an overall assessment.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED