Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS636725
Are you an exceptional Cleaner looking for a new and challenging opportunity?
School Of Special Education Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (Great Southern Engagement Centre - Albany) (SSEN:BE – Albany) is seeking to establish a pool of hardworking cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties to give the schools hygiene a high priority.
SSEN: BE provides support and services to schools for students with extreme, complex and challenging behaviours across a K-12 context. A continuum of consultative support with schools for students is delivered through 13 engagement centres and the Midland Learning Academy. The services of the engagement centres and the Academy are coordinated through SSEN: BE which provides the administrative structure and oversees and manages these services as a State-wide model of support for schools, teachers and students. The services complement other teams working in networks, regions and schools, supporting a greater number of students across the state.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about SSEN BE can be found by visiting www.ssenbe.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Shabnum Ismailjee, Business Support Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 6206 2006 or emailing Shabnum.Ismailjee@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two 2 work related referees, one being your current Line Manager. You will also need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than three (3) pages. Please address selection criteria in the job description form by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your completed application form, if you are not applying on JobsWA
- your CV
- your cover letter/statement
Please select one of the options below to submit your application
- Email your documents to Shabnum.Ismailjee@education.wa.edu.au. You must do this before the closing date below.
- Hand deliver your documents to the school reception. You must do this before the closing date below.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 10.00am and 2.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making withinsix months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 August 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED