Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636363
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing ASAP
Malibu School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener - Handyperson to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be required to keep the school grounds, gardens and all sporting areas safe, clean, tidy and clearly marked. They will also be required to carry out minor repairs and maintenance according to the Department's policies and guidelines. They will perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records. The capacity to work unsupervised and recognize work needing to be completed without specific instruction is desirable as is a working knowledge of gardening machinery and reticulation.
Malibu School is a specialist school for students in Early Childhood through to Year 12 which caters to students with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairments (vision and hearing), challenging behaviours and/or autistic spectrum disorders. The purpose of Malibu School is to improve educational opportunities for all students with this purpose based on the belief that all children are individual learners with specific needs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Malibu School please visit www.malibuschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Duckett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9527 9009 or emailing email@example.com.
During the vacation period, Lisa Duckett can be contacted on 0432 754 521 for job related information.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. (This option is only available from 20 July 2020)
- Telephone Lisa Duckett, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9527 9009 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form (this option is only available from 20 July 2020)
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED