The FTE for this vacancy has been amended as of 22 July 2020
Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS634895
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
The School of Special Educational Needs: Medical and Mental Health (SSEN:MMH) is seeking to employ a Corporate Services Officer. The successful candidate will work proficiently in a fast-paced environment and will be an experienced professional with considerable knowledge, being able to meet the Department of Education’s objectives in finance and payroll systems. The successful candidate will also be required to establish and maintain productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
The school’s corporate services team is located in the Metropolitan area. The team collaborates to ensure excellent financial and human resource management of the school and effective support for school operations. The officer will contribute to this support and have experience with financial processes and procedures including invoice processing, reconciliations and EFT payments.
SSEN:MMH is a dynamic and highly experienced staff. Staff work across the state responding to diverse student needs within a holistic framework of family, students' enrolled schools (both government and non-government), community support systems and the health community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about the School of Special Education Needs: Medical and Mental Health can be found by visiting www.ssenmmh.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Saunders, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6456 0383 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.