Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636589
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Rockingham Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will be one who can organise and supervise staff, and who has sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. Have strong interpersonal and team motivational skills and be well organised with good record keeping skills.
We are seeking a Cleaner in Charge with great communication skills and it is desirable for applicants to have experience in supervising staff, as the successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff. They will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff.
Rockingham SHS provides excellent academic programs in an exemplary caring environment, for secondary students. The school's vision for teaching and learning is to ensure that our students are provided with every opportunity to learn and grow in a positive and united school culture, while contributing and adding value to the broader school community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rockingham.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Phillips, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9527 0300 or emailing Linda.Phillips3@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- A cover letter/statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school in no more than three (3) pages
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for 2 work related referees (one being your current line manager).
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED