Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637540
Southern River College is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and motivated Cleaner’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
As a Cleaner you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Southern River College’s vision is to develop confident and active global citizens by creating opportunities for all students Years 7 to 12 as they progress through their educational pathways. Our College promotes academic excellence and vocational aspirations for our students, celebrates their diversity and fosters their ambitions. The College has an array programs and initiatives, making a real difference to many students and their future aspirations.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Southern River College please visit www.southernrivercollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Brian Hand, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0415 101 145 or (08) 9495 3200 or emailing Brian.Hand@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your CV
- your cover letter
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.