Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE637262
The Strategy and Policy Division are seeking to establish a pool for appointments of Directors, Public School Review. Appointments will be for full-time, fixed term positions commencing in late Term 3, 2020 to the end of 2022. Appointments may be made from the pool at any time within this period.
The Public School Review process is a key strategy ensuring a focus on education provision in Western Australia. Public School Reviews are conducted Statewide across all public school education settings, allowing for diverse work experiences and opportunities.
Reviewers seek to validate school self-assessments, which are prepared and submitted by schools. Directors, Public School Review select peer reviewers with contextual school experience. They collaborate closely with the Public School Accountability team to moderate consistency in the of delivery of Public School Reviews.
Experienced school leaders who confidently display and demonstrate the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Openness and capacity for learning
- Interpersonal acumen
- A drive to excel
To be appointed as a Reviewer you must be able to use your expertise to consider and make judgements on a school’s self-assessment. You must be able to work as part of a team, dedicated to equitable and excellent outcomes for all students and be able to make consistent and moderated judgements against a set of standards. You will also be required to report on your findings and determine the next review based on the criticality of issues raised, the urgency by which these should be addressed and the nature of support required by the school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Shapes and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Simone Proctor, Principal Consultant, by telephoning (08) 9264 5449 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Selection Criteria in context of the role and business needs of the division.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position and;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching, have school leadership experience and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia; and
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED