Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS636906
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension (6 months) and/or permanency
Are you looking for a change?
Trayning Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated School Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
The School Officer undertakes general reception and administrative duties with strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player you will possess good verbal and written communication expressing information and ideas clearly. Additionally, the School Officer will be an individual with interpersonal skills working in a team environment. To be successful in this role, you will have experience in providing an effective customer service and ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Trayning PS caters for a diverse range of students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our students strive to achieve their full potential; academically, socially, emotionally and physically. Our school, located in the Noongar Ballardong region of the Wheatbelt in Western Australia, takes pride in our approach to teaching and learning. We set high expectations across all learning domains that give students the greatest chance of success.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Trayning Primary School can be found by visiting or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact David Lee, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Trayning, by telephoning (08) 9683 1084 or emailing David.email@example.com
Please contact David on 0400 199 970 during the school holiday period.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.