Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP634092
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Are you an instructional leader who can inspire exemplary teaching practice amongst others?
Are you flexible and willing to commit to building a positive school culture?
Are you a team player who places the best interests of all students at the forefront of what you do? If so, please read below
Southern River Primary School (planning name) is seeking an inspirational, flexible and committed Deputy Principal to join their foundation team. As a new school, you will play a crucial role in helping to establish a positive culture that ensures students are supported to achieve personal success and the school is the hub for its local community. The personal qualities that you bring to this role are crucial and will be highly regarded- collaborative, can-do attitude, flexible, solutions-focused, use of initiative and able to adapt to ongoing change as the school grows over time.
The successful applicant will be required to help establish, lead and monitor whole-school curriculum and student support initiatives, and policies across the school. You will need to have extensive knowledge in using evidenced-based teaching strategies, English as an Additional Language, data-informed practice and whole-school instructional frameworks. As an exemplary leader you will need to be able to model agreed teaching strategies with staff, mentor and coach staff as part of a performance and development culture, and support classroom observations and ongoing feedback cycles.
To allow students to achieve personal success, you will need to support the establishment and monitoring of a variety of student support initiatives, such as case-management approaches, identification and intervention models, supporting staff to meet the educational needs of our students and creating links with external agencies.
As early childhood students will make up a significant number of our cohort, knowledge of exemplary teaching practices and leading curriculum initiatives in this area will be of the utmost importance. This role will consist of a minimum of 0.4FTE teaching component in the early childhood area, so recent early childhood teaching experience that reflects evidence-based practices will be an advantage.
Southern River Primary School (planning name) is a new school located in the rapidly growing suburb of Southern River. It will open in two stages- in 2021 stage 1 opens for Kindergarten and Pre-Primary students, whilst stage 2 will cater for Kindergarten- Year 6 students in 2023. This is a school located in a unique setting which seeks to reflect the aspirations and needs of our local community. The establishment of ongoing community partnerships will play a key role in the school’s future success.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southern River Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Chris Burgess, Principal, by telephoning 0448 103 894 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED