Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS628895
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School (CHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Home Economics Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers, and under teacher direction, implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations. You will be required to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assists the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. You will also check all equipment and reports any discrepancies to the Home Economics Teacher.
The successful applicant will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and school excursions along with assisting with the general care and wellbeing of students, including attending to students in need of minor first aid. You will also be required to assist with the management of resources by maintaining and updating inventory lists, monitoring stock levels and requirements, and reports these to the teacher.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder CHS was opened in 2006 and proudly provides a full range of lower secondary courses to students in years 8 to 10 and meets the needs of all students in the community. The school caters for students from a diverse range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
Located 600km's east of Perth, this thriving mining centre caters for more than 870 students from Years 7 to 10. The school is committed to working collaboratively with the community to create an inclusive and innovative environment that motivates and engages students. Being a major regional centre, the city provides comprehensive facilities, services and infrastructure making it a comfortable location in which to live and work. The city is proud of its history and heritage which caters for a significant number of tourists.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to liaise with students, teachers, parents, and professional staff on the provision of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalgoorlie-Boulder CHS can be found by visiting www.kalgoorlie-boulderchs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Melissa Wood, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 0300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.