Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS634867
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
South Ballajura Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic School Officer.
The successful applicant will possess good verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough understanding of how to apply customer service principles and practices. You will also present good interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment. Ideally, you will have the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing. Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively would also be highly desirable.
South Ballajura PS is located at the southern end of Ballajura and current has 440 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our specialised team of early childhood teachers and education assistants provide younger students with an excellent introduction to education. The school has a strong focus on literacy and numeracy, and sets high expectations for all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Ballajura PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Betty Vlahov, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9207 0100 or emailing Betty.Vlahov@education.wa.edu.au.
Please contact Wayne Press on 0417 847 733 or via email Wayne.Press@education.wa.edu.au during the school holiday period.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.