Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS633583
Broome Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of friendly and organised School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
The suitable applicants will need to be well organised and possess highly developed written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. They must also be able to work within a busy team environment and be flexible and willing to meet changing timelines and work requirements.
As a School Officer, you will provide administrative assistance to various sections of the school including Student Services, Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Administration. One of the school’s key focuses is student attendance and participation to provide every student the opportunity to succeed to the best of their ability. The role of School Officer is integral to this.
The suitable applicants will be the first point of contact in our school and must be able to liaise with parents, students and staff. The demanding role of School Officer also involves undertaking student-related activities, including providing information, advice and collecting documentation for enrolment of new students. As a School Officer, the suitable applicants will administer the operation of school databases, records and management information systems.
Broome SHS, winner of the WA School of the Year for 2012, is now one of the premier high schools in the state. A leading Independent Public School in its own right, the school is also proudly part of the Broome Cluster of Independent Public Schools working in close collaboration with the town’s four primaries, Broome, Cable Beach, Broome North and Roebuck Primary Schools. The Cluster arrangement is an exciting initiative and as such Broome SHS is an active partner in the development of Cluster strategies.
Broome is a vibrant and attractive coastal town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. As a tourist town, Broome is well resourced regarding facilities and services. Broome SHS is a high performing school with a diverse student population and a wide range of class offerings. The school is recognised as one of the top public schools in WA.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome Senior High School can be found by visiting www.broomeshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Leanne Wells, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 3100 or emailing Leanne.Wells@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period (6 July - 17 July 2020) please contact Leanne Wells on 0417 610 661.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement up to five (5) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.