Please note the award, classification and JDF attachment has been amended as of 23 July 2020.
Please note the closing date for this advert has been amended as of 13 July 2020.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635173
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Wattle Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school's business operations is delivered, including financial processing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school's strategic and corporate financial objectives. You will also provide operational input to the development of the financial aspects of the school business and marketing plans and monitor the school’s performance against the plans.
The successful applicant will provide effective human resource management, including direct line management of school support staff. You will have the capacity to develop strong relationships, to lead a large team of support and Corporate Services staff and work with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage the schools support staff.
As the Manager Corporate Services, you will have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships and links. Ideally, you possess outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills. High-level oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential to this role as the successful applicant will work closely with the leadership team to respond to enquiries and issues. You will also need to manage change effectively and show initiative.
Wattle Grove PS is located in the Darling Range foothills, only 14 kilometres southeast of Perth. The school has undergone immense growth and change since its opening in 1915, from a “country-like school” set in a semi-rural area, to a relocated modern suburban school with state-of-the-art facilities. The school is located in the new housing development of Wattle Grove with easy access to the suburb via both Tonkin and Roe Highways. It has a current enrolment of 835 students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Our identity as a school has evolved, yet our community ties are as strong as they have ever been. Children set foot through our school gates and feel happy, safe and connected to their school. As a school, we make the most of every day and value building relationships with children, their parents and family members, as well as our wider school community.
We are incredibly proud to note that Wattle Grove Primary School holds the esteemed title of the 'WA Primary School of the Year 2014,' an acknowledgement we share with the whole school community. In 2017, Wattle Grove Primary School was also awarded 'Exemplary School Status' by the Director General of Education. These accolades, awarded to our students, our school and our teachers are a strong indication of our commitment to providing a high quality education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans
- Well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wattle Grove Primary School can be found by visiting www.wattlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Roberts, Principal by telephoning (08) 9453 6722 or emailing Julie.Roberts@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holidays please contact Julie Roberts on 0477 353 671
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.