Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS633251
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Woodvale Secondary College (SC) is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Marketing and Events Officer to join our friendly support team.
The Marketing and Events Officer is responsible for coordinating large events and managing public relations, marketing and communications for the school. This includes maintaining the College’s online presence, brand and publications’ styles. The Marketing and Events Officer will maintain current knowledge of trends in the use of online media to support parent-school communication and to maintain a positive school brand. Someone who can clearly brand and market the school with its current ethos and standing in the community as well as focussing on new initiatives and strategies is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to contribute positively to a team environment. They will work closely with the Executive team within the College. The Marketing and Events Officer will have the ability to interact with professionalism within a diverse community and with a range of government and private agencies.
It is desirable for the suitable applicant to be well organised and able to work under pressure with high accuracy. They will also lead a team of school officers in producing resources.
Woodvale’s vision and values are reflected in the College’s commitment to working together with its community to provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is given the opportunity to develop academic rigour and to achieve personal excellence. Teachers engage in 21st Century learning practices and share these practices on a regular basis with their colleagues. The College enjoys successful students and regularly appears in published school league tables. Parents are supportive and engage with their children’s education and new staff to the College recognise the success of transparent day-to-day operations.
The College is well-resourced with excellent facilities. Its ICT capability is world class with every student bringing a touch screen device to school every day.
Woodvale SC has formed an Independent Public School network with its local area intake primary schools. As a result, it is essential that successful applicants embrace this community approach and the opportunities it provides to work in collaboration with colleagues in each of the schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Well-developed computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting www.woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lea Fairfoul-Hutcheon, Principal, by emailing Lea.Fairfoul-Hutcheon@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.