Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE634560
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing ASAP
Moora Residential College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The Cleaner will vacuum bedrooms, offices, hallways and student recreation areas, including TV rooms, games rooms and common areas; you will mop and clean hallways, offices and student recreation areas. The suitable applicants will clean, mop, scrub and disinfect all toilet/ablutions areas whilst keeping windows and window ledges clean, dust and wipe all required surfaces and items as instructed.
The cleaner will collect and empty rubbish bins from student recreation areas, offices and hallways and ensure occupational health and safety standards are maintained whilst keeping the college clean, well maintained and presented. You will assist with other cleaning related duties as directed by the senior supervisor or college manager and undertake other duties in the ancillary areas such as laundry, kitchen and gardening, when required.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use all cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kevin Hurley, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9651 1240 or emailing Kevin.Hurley@education.wa.edu.au or during school holidays 042 991 1061.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your most recent line manager if applicable)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED