Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP625644
Please note as of 4:30pm, Wednesday 1 July 2020 this advertisement has been withdrawn and will be re-advertised at a later date.
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
The successful applicant will be an educator who is committed to actively working with staff in achieving the best educational outcomes for our students and play a lead role in literacy across the school. Strong knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Intentional Play Based Learning, leadership skills in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and a high level knowledge in ECE contemporary practices will be highly regarded. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with the school psychologist, chaplain, classroom teachers and external agencies to support students at educational risk.
The ECE Deputy is part of a strong, cohesive leadership team with a focus on maintaining and building on, high level contemporary practices. This position calls for a proven leader with high level interpersonal skills, a strong understanding of data analysis and action planning linked to improving student outcomes. A clear understanding of National Quality Standards and of On Entry Assessment and data driven planning as well as sound knowledge of 21st Century Skills are highly desirable. Creativity, independent thinking, critical analysis, problem solving, teamwork and communication combined with links to external agencies supporting contemporary education will be beneficial to the role.
You will work as part of both the dedicated leadership team and the school Curriculum Leadership team. This position will provide an opportunity for you to make a lasting contribution to our school community. In this role, you will be part of a high achieving and collaborative educational team, who are enthusiastic and approachable.
Brookman PS is a Teacher Development School (TDS) in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Teacher Languages School (TLS) Languages Noongar and as such offers professional learning opportunities to staff from other schools.
Catering to the needs of numerous cultures Brookman PS is proud of its good standing in the broader community and strives for continued improvement. The highly professional staff has been acknowledged within the broader educational and local community for their approach to continually strive to improve students’ academic outcomes while offering positive support to students in non-academic areas in a professional, responsive manner.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Brookman PS can be found by visiting http://brookmanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Hans Geers, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9458 5542 or emailing Hans.Geers@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period (6 July - 17 July 2020) please contact Hans Geers on 0407 080 747.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.