Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635232
This is a permanent part-time (0.2 FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Wilson Park Primary School (PS) is seeking highly motivated and dedicated Gardner - Handyperson to join their friendly team.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a welcoming and tidy condition. We are seeking applicants with effective communication skills to maintain accurate gardening records and provide advice to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance.
To be successful as Gardener - Handyperson you will need to be confident in performing minor repairs and undertake all duties using safe work practices. A capacity to recognise work needing to be completed without specific instruction is desirable as is a working knowledge of gardening machinery and reticulation. The ability to integrate what can often be solitary work into a team aspect is also highly desirable.
Wilson Park PS has a rich tradition and history of serving the Collie community for 60 years and our students have a strong sense of belonging and pride in their school. We are all affectionately known as 'Parkies' and we respect, support and care for each other. In our commitment to student success we provide a strong focus on targeted learning programs and supportive pastoral care.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wilson Park Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Christine Gorman, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Collie, by telephoning (08) 97345 9300 or emailing Chris.email@example.com
Please contact Christine Gorman on 0419 905 537 during the school holiday period.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include 2 work related referees.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than two pages. Please address selection criteria 1 to 4 by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your CV
- your cover letter
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Tuesday to Friday, between 9:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.