Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635006
This is a permanent part-time (0.76FTE) position commencing in August, Term 3 2020
Boyare Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Cleaner In Charge to join their school. As Cleaner In Charge, you will help create the best environment for students to succeed in their learning.
To be successful in this position, you will be required to demonstrate your ability to organise and supervise staff. You will have sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and lead the environmental services team. As Cleaner In Charge you will be well organised and have good record keeping skills.
Boyare is a multicultural community which is valued and celebrated. We have a case management approach which includes all stakeholders. Our school community embraces our motto, 'Learning Together' by developing independent learners with the skills and knowledge to become productive, happy and fulfilled members of an ever changing world.
We are committed to developing each child's potential academically, socially, emotionally and physically. Our school community is united in teaching the values that enable our students to lead in the development of a harmonious and inclusive, multicultural society.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Boyare Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Diarne Kriskovich, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 93382500 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period (6 July - 10 July 2020) please contact Diarne Kriskovich on 0404 760 992
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Applicants are asked to provide the following information:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one page, please address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.