About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
We are looking for a high performing, experienced Facilities Coordinator who will proactively identify the Colleges building, grounds, fleet and equipment maintenance requirements by initiating appropriate remedial actions.
The successful applicant will lead the Kimberley facilities team and will coordinate the College’s maintenance activities, daily Facility operations including the management of contracts and the Kimberley vehicle fleet.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Highly developed communication, organisational, negotiation, analytical, problem solving and supervisory skills.
- Experience in proactively identifying building, ground, fleet and equipment maintenance requirements and initiating appropriate remedial actions.
- Ability to manage change, interpret and implement a broad range of policies, procedures and systems to effectively contribute to the operational requirements of the campus facilities.
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing, tendering and quotation, policies, procedures and other relevant requirements in accordance with legislation.
- Knowledge and experience in operational areas including maintenance, security, communications, stocktaking, plant, equipment and building audits.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of computer programs relevant to facilities and resource management.
- Current knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity and Occupational Safety and Health in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2019 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 4 of 2015 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Steve Ashworth, Facilities Manager on (08) 9159 6778 or email Steve.Ashworth@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
Ready to Apply?
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive resume including two (2) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRG055.20S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
Should no suitable applicant be identified, or an offer declined, the panel may search for further applicants beyond the closing date.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Wednesday 15 July 2020 at 4:00pm (WST).