Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE634829
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Director General is seeking an experienced, highly organised and energetic Manager to oversee the office’s administrative functions.
The Manager will lead and inspire the team to create modern and efficient executive processes to support the Director General. This position also has a key role working with the Corporate Executive team.
The role represents an opportunity to build productive relationships with a broad group of stakeholders across Government and other sectors. You will be a core liaison between the Department and the Office for the Minister for Education and Training.
To be successful in this role, you will need accomplished representational skills, be able to manage competing priorities, strong political acumen and have proven experience as a transformational team leader.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
IMPLEMENTS AND MANAGES STRATEGY
- translates strategy into operational goals and creates a shared sense of purpose within the business unit
- engages others in the strategic direction of the work area, encourages their contribution, and communicates expected outcomes
- considers the ramifications of a wide range of issues, anticipates priorities and develops long term plans for the work area
- understands objective, critical analysis and distils the core issues.
- evaluates ongoing project and program performance and identifies critical success factors
- establishes clear plans and timeframes for project implementation and outlines specific activities
- strives to achieve and encourages others to do the same
- monitors progress and identifies risks that may impact outcome and adjusts plans as required.
BUILDS PRODUCTIVE RELATIONSHIPS
- builds and sustains relationships with a network of key people internally and externally
- recognises shared agendas and works toward mutually beneficial outcomes
- brings people together and encourages input from key stakeholders.
EXEMPLIFIES PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND SELF-AWARENESS
- acts professionally and impartially at all times and operates within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy constraints
- takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work and commits energy and drive to see that goals are achieved
- persists and focuses on achieving objectives even in difficult circumstances.
COMMUNICATES AND INFLUENCES EFFECTIVELY
- confidently presents information in a clear, concise and articulate manner and translates information for others
- approaches negotiations with a strong grasp of key issues, having prepared well in advance
- anticipates the position of the other party and adapts
- encourages the support of relevant stakeholders.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kellie Properjohn, Executive Director Statewide Services, by telephoning (08) 9264 4267 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday 8 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED