Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635237
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Are you looking for a change?
Illawarra Primary School (IPS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated School Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
The School Officer undertakes general reception and administrative duties with strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player you will possess good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express information and ideas clearly. To be successful in this role, you will have experience in providing effective customer service and ability to use computers and a range of software packages including Integris and Billing, Microsoft Office applications, particularly databases, bulk emails using Outlook, spreadsheets and word processing. The School Officer is responsible for the production of the school Newsletter and will need exceptional time management and word processing skills to ensure production in an accurate and timely manner. Good knowledge of DOE enrolment policies is also desirable.
Illawarra PS is an Independent Public School located in the suburb of Ballajura, approximately 17 kilometres north of the Perth CBD. Our location is on a regular public transport route and close to shops and medical centres. A before and after-school care facility for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 is offered on the grounds of Illawarra Primary School and is run by Camp Australia.
Illawarra PS is located on well-established grounds with excellent facilities including basketball courts, tennis courts, performing arts stage with lighting and sound, and a variety of play equipment engaging children in social play.
The school provides an engaging, safe and supportive learning environment in which students will be able to fulfil their potential in all areas - academic, social, physical and creative; and achieve a sense of purpose and self-worth in a changing society.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Illawarra PS can be found by visiting www.illawarraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lexi Diamond, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9205 9800 or emailing Lexi.Diamond@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.