PS CSA 2019, Level 3, $71,896 to $77,717 pa plus 9.5% Super
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. VenuesWest takes pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including the newly opened Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Perth Motorplex. Our portfolio of assets is currently valued at over $2 billion and continues to grow.
With over six million visitors a year, we play an increasingly important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for all West Australians
VenuesWest upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
VenuesWest has put in place strategies to achieve equality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities. These strategies include utilising Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 and specifically targeting vacant positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and people with disabilities employment. Preference for appointment to this position will be given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people or people with disabilities.
About the Role
The Personal Assistant provides a professional, high-level administrative support service to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in order to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the Venue Management Directorate.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity, and works with the COO and four General Managers in a fast-paced team environment where initiative and flexibility are required.
Whilst the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mt Claremont, mobility may be required between the portfolio of venues.
VenuesWest is supportive of a healthy work/life balance and offers with this role a full gym and aquatic membership as well as discounts on our programs and purchases in the cafés.
About the Person
The following complete list of essential capabilities will be assessed in the context of the responsibilities of the position:
- Significant previous experience providing professional administrative support to Senior Managers or Executives.
- Supports shared purpose by understanding reasons for decisions and how they link to work; Identifies potential issues; Researches, analyses and makes evidence-based recommendations for improvements.
- Organises and reschedules work to reflect changes in priority; Maintains accurate records and files; Sees tasks through to successful completion.
- Builds and maintains relationships by keeping clients informed, responding to changes in client’s needs, acting on constructive feedback; Responds to diverse experiences seeking input from others and supports a culture of quality customer service.
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness by adhering to the VenuesWest Way and Code of Conduct; Provides accurate information; Stays calm under pressure and ensures work is finalised.
- Communicates clearly both orally and in writing; Listens to, understands and adapts communication styles to the audience
For any further job-related information please contact Elise Loubon, People and Culture Coordinator on (08) 9441 8240.
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position your written submission must include:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter that demonstrates your significant previous experience providing professional administrative assistance to Senior Management or Executive.
Only those who demonstrate this significant experience will be considered.
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role on page 3.
Remember to check the closing date and time for the job you are applying for, as the onus is on the applicant to ensure it is lodged correctly with all attachments and is received on time!
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
The capabilities detailed in the Job Description outline the minimum requirements for the role in terms of qualifications, experience, skills and attributes for this role.
The selection panel will shortlist based on the capabilities detailed in the application section of this advertisement. Applicants will be assessed on all the essential capabilities detailed in the job description and the selection panel will consider all the elements and information gathered through the recruitment process to determine the most suitable candidate.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of lodging your application:
- Permanent Appointment
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status
- a Special Category Visa with unrestricted stay and work rights for New Zealand citizens
- Fixed Term Employment
- documentary evidence (i.e. working visa) of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the duration of the fixed term appointment
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- National Police Clearance (obtained within the last three months)
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest will utilise this recruitment process to place suitable applicants in a pool for a six month period from which fixed-term and permanent appointments may be made.