Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE625924
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing as soon as possible in 2020 with a possible 12 month extension.
The Pilbara Education Region seek a Transition Coordinator to support case management of transient students as a part of the Mobility Strategy pilot project. This initiative forms a part of the Pilbara Partnerships for Student Success project, funded by the Royalties for Regions.
The role of Transition Coordinator is to maximise participation of students when they move across schools and between sectors proving families, teachers and school administrators’ with relevant information ensuring students are well positioned for learning. This role will entail implementing enrolment procedures, alternative attendance arrangements and processes to collect and collate student progress and attendance information to support students to continue to learn regardless of where they are attending.
This role requires you to build and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders, and to liaise and negotiate with a variety of personnel from within and external to the Department. You will be required to monitor, review and evaluate the effectiveness of project outcomes and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
This position will require travel to remote schools within the Pilbara Education Region. It is highly desirable the successful applicant holds or obtains a current RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a 4WD Vehicle.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability in providing operational policy and attendance related support and guidance for network schools.
- Understanding of trends and issues in education relating to school attendance for Aboriginal students who are transient across and between sectors.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to undertake consultation, and negotiation, working effectively as part of a team and with target groups.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to provide innovative thinking in problem solving.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities, address operational needs and meet agreed outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharon McCawley, PPSS Project Coordinator, by telephoning 0477 379 368 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 15 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED