Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA634809
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Coastal Lakes College is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and experienced Curriculum Leader to fill the position of Head of Learning Area – Arts.
As a new College, we are seeking someone with expert knowledge of the arts as we move to begin to create an arts whole college focus with strong senior school pathways. Coastal Lakes College sees itself as a hub within its community. As such, as the successful applicant you will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with all members of the college community – students and their families, staff, local primary schools and the wider community.
As Head of Learning Area - Arts, your primary role will be to lead staff in the effective implementation of the Arts WA Curriculum and future development and implementation of West Australian Certificate of Edcuation (WACE) courses across the college. You will facilitate teaching and learning outcomes through effective performance management, modelling and promoting a culture of self-reflection and growth. You will liaise with students, parents, the Principal and broader College Executive, other Heads of Learning Area and relevant specialist staff to ensure the priority areas of the College are being addressed to ensure success for all students – an important part of the College ethos.
The college has a strong Arts and Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics STE(A)M focus, working in an innovative partnership with its local primary schools. A commitment to the college’s emphasis on pastoral care and co-curricular programs such as Zones of Regulation and You Can Do It! will be essential as well as active promotion of the college’s vision, motto and values within the college and the wider community.
We are an Inclusive College with education support students accessing all curriculum areas in all year levels. As a new college, we are innovatively exploring who we are as a college - Arts is very much at the heart of those discussions.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coastal Lakes College can be found by visiting Schools Online or the College website: www.coastallakescollege.wa.edu.au
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kya Graves, Principal by telephoning (08) 9583 2800 or emailing Kya.Graves@education.wa.edu.au
During the vacation period please contact Kya Graves, Principal on mobile number is 0410 693 491
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 23 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.