Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA635526
As of 11am, Monday 29 June 2020, the commencement date of this position has been updated.
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you a forward thinking educator committed to shaping our students future?
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking a committed and effective leader to join our senior leadership team in the role of Manager Student Services.
As Manager Student Services you will have a focus on the development of a safe, positive and caring learning environment that will improve student outcomes. The successful applicant will possess the ability to develop, implement and evaluate policies, plans and programs relevant to the functions of the Student Services area. You will display a sound understanding of the case management of educationally at-risk students that includes knowledge of effective intervention, monitoring and reporting strategies. There is an associated responsibility to establish and manage administrative and operational systems in the relevant area of responsibility, in order to ensure the effective operation of the department, within the College in accordance with Departmental policy and guidelines. The Manager Student Services will be a valued member of the existing team as we move forward with our growing College structure.
Using effective change strategies, the successful applicant will lead the College community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service in the area of Student Services and Pastoral Care. In this key school leadership position, the successful applicant will also demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and have an ability to build strong school and community links with parents and external agencies and to work collaboratively as part of the Student Services team at Byford Secondary College. They will be innovative and have a strong knowledge and experience in the delivery of successful pastoral care programs and case management strategies.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities. Byford SC has become a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities with our inclusion facilities. Byford SC's motto, ‘Aspire to Excellence’ clearly articulates our vision of being the secondary school of choice for the local community which provides a comprehensive suite of subjects from Year 7 through 12.
Byford SC has an established BYOD (iPads) program and a strong focus on ICT and STEM. The successful applicant will be required to embrace 21st century learning practices and participate in leading innovation and change to pedagogy. The College offers an academic extension program for students by selection, in partnership with the University of Western Australia. This ‘Aspire’ program provides these students with access to the university's staff and facilities to enhance their learning experience. Teachers with a demonstrated ability to effectively differentiate instruction to improve student outcomes and challenge students to achieve at the highest level would be highly regarded
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bradley Spicer, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9550 6100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the school holiday period (6 July - 17 July 2020) please contact Bradley Spicer on 0408 696 667.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.