Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635994
This is a six (6) month month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus (SC) is seeking an experienced and dedicated Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will have exceptional financial and human resource management skills and a demonstrated capacity as a leader in a school setting. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the Principal and executive team to provide strategic support in the development of the Campus’s workforce and business plan whilst overseeing the financial performance against the plan.
The role will involve astute financial planning and budgeting aligned to the annual funding allocation including locally raised funds. The planning will be done in consultation with the Principal, Finance Committee and the Board to ensure that finances are strategically deployed to support the implementation of the Campus plan. The role will also involve the management of human resources which will include performance management of support staff, monitoring of support staff leave and building their capacity to fulfil the requirements of their individual roles. Physical resource management is an integral part of the role due to the age of the facilities. The Campus has had some refurbishments funded internally whilst external government funding is supporting further developments. Therefore, ongoing project management will be a key aspect of this role and the ability to liaise with external stakeholders to bring about effective project completion. The financial, physical and human resource management will be done in accordance with the Department of Education policy frameworks.
Cyril Jackson offers a wide range of Year 11 and 12 courses. We have students ranging from 16 year olds working towards graduation to mature age students who are here following their interests. However, most of our students are between 16 to 25 years. Our student population is stable at 480-500. Cyril Jackson offers an alternative to students who wish to study senior school courses in an adult environment with an ethos of strong support. We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate difference, our flexibility and our commitment to innovation. Students who attend campus come from all over the metropolitan area. We also offer an on-line programme. We consider ourselves to be a multi-racial, multi-age, multi-opportunity campus.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- high-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- high-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- high-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- experience in effective leadership of a team.
- ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus can be found by visiting www.cyriljackson.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Dr Karen Read, Principal by telephoning (08) 9413 4700 or 0466 614 516 or by emailing Karen.Read@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.