Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635418
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4 FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible twelve (12) month extension
Yakamia Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their executive leadership team.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, organised, and highly professional MCS to job share the MCS position and work with the executive team to provide strategic leadership in corporate, human resource and financial management.
We are looking for an applicant with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels. The successful applicant should possess a broad knowledge of relevant legislation, reporting and governance requirements relating to the role, and demonstrate their capacity to effectively lead school support staff.
It is highly desirable the successful applicant will have established financial management skills and strong knowledge of Human Resource Management. Experience in the application of School Information System (SIS), ICT Dashboard, Assets, RM Billing and Finance, and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) packages and marketing and branding are highly desirable. The successful applicant will need experience in managing Information Communication Technology (ICT) to support systems throughout the school.
As a MCS, you will work collaboratively with the school executive leadership team to achieve progress towards the school business plan goals in order to make a positive contribution to the education of all Yakamia PS students.
Yakamia PS is a Kindergarten to Year 6 Independent Public School located in the Yakamia area, in the City of Albany. Our staff are committed to providing opportunities and support for all students to be successful. Our school is well regarded within the local community and we pride ourselves on the positive relationships that exist between staff, students and parents.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yakamia Primary School can be found by visiting www.yakamiaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Gemma Larham, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 9892 5500 or emailing Gemma.Larham@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 16 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.