Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS634508
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Hilton Primary School (PS) is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to join their team in the role of Gardener – Handyperson.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Hilton PS offers a welcoming, supportive and inclusive learning environment. We are committed to providing an educational program of quality to meet the diverse needs of our student population. The school’s ethos embodies the nurturing and development of the whole child which is supported by our behavioural expectations of “Courtesy, Consideration and Cooperation”.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Hilton Primary School please visit https://www.hiltonps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Sarah Fitt, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6458 7900 or during school vacation 0450 112 307 or emailing Sarah.Fitt@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.