Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS633716
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Kiara College is seeking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated Student Support Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
The position requires a person who has excellent interpersonal skills who can foster positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including students, staff and community members.
The successful applicant will form an integral part of the Student Services team to provide support to students with diverse and complex needs. They will work closely with teachers on strategies for supporting students at educational risk and facilitate group work processes. The Student Support Officer will need to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and possess the ability to develop supportive links between the student, the family, the College and external support agencies in the community. This role will require you to actively participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings and case conferences within the college and with other agencies as appropriate, including the provision of information and consultancy advice as required.
At Kiara College, our vision is to provide your child with opportunities that prepare them for ongoing learning and employment. With a strong reputation for innovation and a tradition of academic and vocational success, Kiara College, in partnership with tertiary education and industry sectors, supports young people to follow their aspirations and pathways into careers that include medicine, accounting, teaching, agriculture, hospitality and various trades.
We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers. As a measure to achieve equality and support, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing prioritises within timelines.
- Good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
- Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kiara College can be found by visiting www.kiaracollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact David Sullivan, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9378 0200 during school holidays please call Dave on 04768 35194 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 17 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.