Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS636026
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Northampton District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of hardworking and motivated Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
As an Education Assistant - Mainstream you will work to implement teaching and learning programs in a multi-aged classroom. You will facilitate learning, achieving clearly defined outcomes for students as determined by the teacher. Current knowledge and/or experience of using a synthetic approach to teaching early reading skills would be advantageous.
Suitable applicants will support students’ general health and wellbeing and facilitate the achievement of improved outcomes for students in all areas. Our team of experienced staff provide a nurturing environment for students. Through our Positive Behaviour in Schools initiative, we encourage students to be friendly, respectful, responsible and try their personal best.
You will have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess effective written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs. As an Education Assistant- Mainstream you will have well developed organisational skills and be able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. You will assist by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in the classroom.
Northampton District High School is located in the rural setting of Northampton, 54km north of Geraldton. Providing high quality education for the local community, it caters to children from Kindergarten to Year 10.
The school has nine all-purpose classrooms that are used by both the primary and secondary students. It has a custom built library, Early Childhood Centre, manual arts room, home economics room and art room. It also has two computer laboratories which are linked to the Internet and are well equipped.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Northampton DHS can be found by visiting www.northamptondhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tina Perry, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Northampton, by telephoning (08) 9934 7002 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. During the school holiday period you can contact Tina on 0429 342 244.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 9 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.