Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE623765
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing August 2020 with possible extension (12 months)
The Integration Build and Deployment Directorate is seeking a dedicated and proactive Team Leader (Information Management Systems) to work in the ICT Solutions Development and Maintenance branch.
The Team Lead (Information Management Systems) will manage a team of internal and contracting resources to ensure that the development and support of line of business applications, used by the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia and others, are to meet quality standards, promote client satisfaction and adhere to service level agreements.
The successful applicant will act as the main point of contact for questions/issues and serve as an escalation point for solving complex issues or situations. You will coordinate business analysis, development, support, audit and process reviews in ensuring best practice and standards for development purposes for line of business systems used by the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia.
The successful applicant must have substantial experience and technical knowledge in Microsoft and other application development technologies (e.g. Azure services, Logic Apps, Dynamics 365, Sharepoint, Power Platform, PureCloud, DNN) and Software Development Lifecycle in the context of a large enterprise, preferably in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our Branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed project management skills and experience in administration, user support and development of integrated information systems and other associated systems in a large complex organisation.
- Highly developed leadership, planning and change management skills with the ability to coordinate and deliver strategic outcomes.
- Substantial experience and technical knowledge related to technology and systems development and architecture in a complex enterprise computing environment.
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships and networks and undertake high level consultations, collaborations and negotiations.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills and experience in providing innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Miriam Sanchez-Blanco, Manager Solutions Development and Maintenance, by telephoning (08) 9264 4233 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements 1,2 ,3 and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a tertiary qualification in an information technology/management or related discipline or equivalent extensive experience;
- hold one or more recognised qualifications or vendor certifications in applications design, coding or integration or Project Management or equivalent extensive experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 9 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED