Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS634665
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency.
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a proactive and enthusiastic Marketing and Media Officer to join their friendly team.
The Marketing and Media Officer provides operational support in the development, implementation and management of the College’s Marketing Plan and coordinates promotional events and marketing activities. In addition, they establish and manage promotional events and marketing database including developing and reviewing a range of communications, publications and materials to support marketing activities and events. This includes the maintenance and updating of the College website, software applications and social media platforms. The successful applicant will be confident in taking photographs and have experience in the use of Adobe software including InDesign and Photoshop or similar. At times, the role will require liaising with design agencies to provide detailed briefs and manage the College’s style guide.
The role may require the successful applicant to work after hours at events such as parent information nights and conducting tours. Time off in Lieu (TOIL) arrangements will be in place as compensation for out of hours' work. To be successful, it is desirable that the applicant has strong professional and persuasive writing skills and holds appropriate qualifications or experience in Marketing, PR or similar. This position is also responsible for supervising staff, liaising with multiple stakeholders daily and ensuring executive support is provided, as required by the Manager Corporate Services. For more information, please review the position description below.
Ellenbrook SC seeks to support and encourage your child by fostering a sense of self-worth, respect and confidence. This comes from setting high standards for achievement and having caring, knowledgeable staff that support your child to reach their goals - both academically and personally. We believe quality educators are the foundation on which a school is built.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in coordinating events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Knowledge of content management systems and ability to manage and maintain information systems including websites and databases.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound research, conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to think clearly and solve problems autonomously.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook Secondary College can be found by visiting www.ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Diarmuid McDonagh, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9297 9700, 0407 772 136 (during school holidays) or emailing Diarmuid.McDonagh@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of six (6) page statement addressing the five Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 15 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.