Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP633372
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Do you have the drive and desire to assist leading and developing a foundation staff?
Baldivis South Primary School (planning name), is seeking a highly motivated and flexible Deputy Principal to be a part of its foundation leadership team. The school will open Term 1, 2021.
As the successful applicant you will support the establishment of the school’s culture, vision, values and future direction. Your ability to bring staff and community together and move in a united direction is critical. You will use your outstanding interpersonal skills in applying your professional knowledge from Kindergarten – Year 6 and understanding to promote teaching and learning within the school community. You will be able to demonstrate a strong capability to use research based practices in developing curriculum policy for Baldivis South PS.
You will assist the development and implementation of school wide practices to meet the needs of our students and ensure an environment that promotes success is created. Through coaching and instructional leadership, you will help drive behaviour management, whole school literacy and numeracy practices; intentional and visible teaching; and staff self-reflection and collaboration. You will be able to support teachers to maximise student outcomes through ongoing analysis of student performance data and evidenced-based differentiated planning in the key focus areas of Literacy and Numeracy.
You will also use your excellent curriculum and student services knowledge to support teachers, and to contribute to the establishment of effective, sustainable and inclusive whole school strategies and programs.
As the Deputy Principal, you will work as a member of the Leadership Team to provide educational leadership to the school and community in the development and promotion of the school's vision, by modelling important values and behaviours including a commitment to creating and sustaining effective professional learning communities within the school.
Our school is located in the growing suburb of Baldivis, surrounded by rapidly developing housing estates with many young families. This brand new school will open for students for Kindergarten to Year 6 and will consist of an administration block, a library resource centre which contains the staff room, an early childhood block, three learning blocks, one of which has an Art/Science room, a covered assembly area, canteen and a music room and a multi-purpose playing court, junior football oval and cricket practise nets which will provide a pleasant and inviting environment. Our teaching and learning environments will reflect a positive and innovative approach to maximising learning opportunities for students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baldivis South Primary School (Planning Name) can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Suzanne Heath, Principal, by telephoning 0410 428 197 or emailing Suzanne.Heath@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED