Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS634889
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Brookton District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to staff and students. They will administer library systems, ensure library records are up-to-date as well as whole school resources lists are maintained and processed efficiently so they are accessible and available. They will assist students, staff and parents to select program and age appropriate materials. They will also be responsible for preparing and monitoring the library budget and to make recommendations for new library resources. The Library Officer will also be responsible for coordinating and cataloguing the school’s teacher resource room. This will entail working closely with teachers to source and locate existing school based curriculum linked teaching resources to ensure teachers can provide engaging learning experiences. Experience in using the Bookmark Library System would be desirable.
At Brookton DHS, we set high expectations for our students' education and well-being. The Kindergarten to Year 10 campus allows seamless transition between the phases of education from early childhood to secondary. We value an explicit teaching approach in every classroom that clearly demonstrates and reinforces the literacy and numeracy skills students need to be successful and confident in life.
Situated in the heart of the Avon Valley, we have been serving our community since 1903. Our appeal as a school rests in our strong sense of community, the values we celebrate and the commitment to realising the potential of all students in our care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Brookton District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Darren Simpson, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Brookton, by telephoning (08) 9642 5000 or emailing Darren.Simpson@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period, please contact Darren Simpson via email or by telephoning 0417 150 227 (business hours only).
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 17 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.